Experian is the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We help businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. We also help people to check their credit report and credit score, and protect against identity theft. In 2014, we were named by Forbes magazine as one of the ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’.
We employ approximately 17,000 people in 39 countries and our corporate headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and São Paulo, Brazil.
Experian plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index. Total revenue for the year ended March 31, 2015, was US$4.8 billion.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Support development of the in-house framework of scripts for data analysis and predictive model development;
- Perform proof of concept activities for new analytical methodologies;
The successful candidates posses:
- Desire and ambition to establish career in risk modeling and analysis;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Basic programing skills or/and data mining skills;
- Statistical Knowledge (linear and logistic regression);
- Good written and spoken English;
- No previous working experience is required;
Strong plus is:
- VBA for Excel;
- SAS and R;
- Experience with machine learning methods;
The selected candidates should:
- Have completed at least 2 (3 preferred) years towards a degree in a numerate/mathematics-related subject;
What we offer:
- You will get on-hands experience of good development practices for robust analytical solutions within big international company. This includes the development of statistical models and ad hoc data analysis;
- Dedicated mentor who will support you to get the maximum from the internship;
- Work actively on complex tasks from Day 1;
- Close collaboration with various peers – business and technical analysts, project management team, consultancy;
- Work within innovative and energizing team in a friendly environment;
- Transferable skills that will help you in your future career;
- Paid half day internship for 3 months period (from mid-October till mid-January) with flexible working hours;
Interns are considered valuable members of the Experian team, and therefore may earn many of the benefits available to full-time employees, including:
- Multi-site environment working experience;
- Competitive salary;
- Access to huge database with online trainings and books;
- Consideration for full-time employment;
To apply and for more information visit Experian.